incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How documentation != code, and how to "do" policy (was: Re: Publishing api docs for Subversion)
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 20:04:31 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:
> > In the absence of specific policy then *objections* are out of order
> I have not objected to anything.

Forgive me.  I did in fact use the verb "object" in a prior message:

>        * Do you object to publishing non-released documentation on the
>          project Web pages?
>
> I object to posting these outside of a clearly-marked developer portion of the project's
web site.

I didn't mean this as a veto or formal objection. I was rather using a
parallel construction to better make clear my view.  I meant this in the
informal sense that I would argue this is not the best approach.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Doug