incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Publishing api docs for Subversion
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 23:45:39 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> What we publish on the ASF websites
> doesn't have to conform to the licensing policy that releases do.

I'm not talking about the website in general.  I'm talking specifically
about publishing content primarily intended for inclusion in releases.
Would we permit someone to mirror other files from trunk on the website?
  What's special about documentation?  It comes from contributors, we
require an ICLA or some other indication of intent to submit under the
Apache license, its changes are subject to vetos, etc.  It's otherwise
treated just like code.

Doug