incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: Publishing api docs for Subversion
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:29:52 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> <>
> Which is linked from the sidebar everywhere, and on the docs page:
> <>

That trunk documentation is at least labelled "dev".  I'd argue it
should only be linked to from and that it
should reside there.  That would be consistent with:

"Do not include any links on the project website that might encourage
non-developers to download and use nightly builds, snapshots, release
candidates, or any other similar package."

Documentation that's released is released under the Apache license and
is not in general strongly distinguished from code that's released: we
require a CLA on file for documentation contributions, we require each
documentation source file to contain the license, etc.  Publishing trunk
documentation to the non-developer portion of a web site is
encouragement for non-developers to use trunk, which is something we
should avoid.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message