incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Publishing api docs for Subversion
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:31:39 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> httpd and apr have published doxygen of their trunks periodically,
> they aren't based on any release.

Were these published these on the official public website or in the dev/
section?

I was under the impression that released documentation should be treated
similarly to released code.  The convention I've used is that stuff
that's in trunk, stuff that's intended to be included in releases, is
only published after release.  Other pages on the website that are not
included in releases, e.g., the project's home page, are clearly
published without a release vote.

In particular, I think it's a bad practice to publish automatic nightly
builds on the official website of content that's otherwise the subject
of release votes.  Is it forbidden?  Perhaps not, but it's not a
practice we should encourage in the incubator.  Often documentation
includes code.  Do we want to publish that code without a vote?

Doug