incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Goetz, Paul" <paul.go...@sap.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement Interoperability Services (CMIS)
Date Sun, 20 Dec 2009 13:02:42 GMT
Hi,

first, thanks for all your feedback.

Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Have you had a chance to digest all the feedback?
Well, we're still digesting :o)
Florian started bit of a discussion on the Chemistry mailing list, but there was not too much
of a feedback - due to vacation. I guess, we will need some more time to get into the technical
discussion. So we're still working on that one on the Chemistry mailing list.

Jukka Zitting wrote:
> The way I see it, the options for going forward with this proposal are:
> 1) Include OpenCMIS in the Chemistry project as a parallel codebase.
> 2) Incubate OpenCMIS as a separate project.
> I'd personally prefer option 1 as it requires less up-front setup and
> avoids extra barriers between the communities, but I'd be happy to
> support also option 2 if the OpenCMIS community prefers that.
Thanks for offering your support.
We (the OpenCMIS team) will get back to you next week to figure out how these two options
could look like in more detail, and how we could go on from an organizational perspective.

I hope that we could continue after Christmas then on the Incubator's general mailing list.

Best regards,
Paul