incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Side Discussion; Mentorship [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:27:06 GMT
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:23 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
>>
>> Sponsors
>>  * Champion: Greg Stein
>
> Cool
>
>>  * Nominated Mentors: Justin Erenkrantz, Greg Stein, Sander Striker, Daniel Rall
>
> Once again, caution against committers == mentors (== 'project leads').
> It puts certain committers above others, an inequitable situation.

As an SVN committer, I can say that this is not something that is of
concern to me (and I dare say I probably speak for all or at least
most of the other committers when I say that).  As Greg points out, of
the nominated mentors, Greg is the only one that has been actively
committing code  in the last year.  So it is great for us to have
committers that have the experience (and are willing) to help mentor
us through this process.

Finally, I will also add that we have had our SVN Corp for many years
now and that has always involved having five of our committers in
"Board of Director" roles for the corporation and that has not created
any problems of inequity.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard