incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 19:21:59 GMT

On Nov 6, 2009, at 10:43 AM, Greg Stein wrote:

> But with all that said, how about we do this: we'll do a 1.6.7 release
> from the 1.6.x branch after we do the code import. That release will
> be performed by svncorp (we don't want to touch every file on that
> branch to relicense it, and to switch file headers). The release
> process can be followed/tracked by the Incubator PMC. I'll make sure
> to relay pointers to all relevant threads as the release is performed.

I don't think that releasing svn by svncorp without any Apache license
proves anything except that they can make a release after moving the
repository. So if it makes anyone happy, fine. But it's not an Apache
release.

I'd be interested in seeing a release after it's been licensed to
Apache and has all of the Apache license, notice, and packaging.

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!