incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Remove me from commiters
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:03:20 GMT
I'm sorry my email caused this much problem.  I only wanted to resign my commitership on wink.
 I was told to stop all APache development by my old IBM manager, who clearly did not understand
how Apache worked.  I complied for several weeks while my relationship was terminated with
IBM.

IMO from the activity on the wink project I believe the community to be healthy.  And I do
not believe my withdrawal should have any major (or minor) effect upon the project.  I am
still monitoring the lists, and it seems like the wink community is doing fine w/out me.

To be extra clear, this is not an issue which should directly affect Wink or any other projects.
 My situation was, as I imagine unique and was brought about by some internal confusion at
IBM, with my specific manager at the time, wrt how the ASF functions.

Sorry for the noise folks.  Had I imagined I'd get response times measured in minutes I probably
would have crafted the email I sent differently.

--jason

On Nov 24, 2009, at 7:21 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2009, at 5:27 AM, Paul Fremantle wrote:
>
>> Jason
>>
>> It is very worrying that you got threatening emails from anyone
>> involved in the project. Have you brought this up with the mentors? Do
>> you feel that the project needs further independent mentors?
>
> Worrying to me, also. I've certainly not seen signs of any issues on the mailing lists
and Jason had not told me (off-list) of any issues.