incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Remove me from commiters
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:11:34 GMT
I think the wink community is doing fine.  I have been watching all public communication before
and since I was given commitership.  I just thought it fair the the group to tell them I can
no longer devote time.  Partly because of the IBM fallout, but more so that I am working on
too many open-source projects already and can not be an effective member for wink at this
time.

So, as Dimms said, please don't jump the gun.

:-)

--jason

On Nov 24, 2009, at 7:11 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Please don't jump the gun - "Do you feel that the project needs
> further independent mentors?" There is no communication from Jason to
> the ppmc mailing list or the private@incubator mailing list and i
> certainly haven't received any personal email.
>
> Yes, If anyone wants to help us with mentoring, Very welcome. Just not
> like this.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jason
>>
>> It is very worrying that you got threatening emails from anyone
>> involved in the project. Have you brought this up with the mentors? Do
>> you feel that the project needs further independent mentors?
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:
>>> Sorry folks, after my massive falling out with IBM.... I'm unable to help out
with any more wink development.  I wish things had turned out differently, mostly on the heads
of IBM... no chance I will *ever* work with them again.

>>> I wish you all the best, but I am afraid I can not continue working on this project.
>>>
>>> Sorry it has taken so long, got some threatening emails from IBM on the subject,
so I kept quiet.  But I feel its not fair, so i wanted to officially resign.  I hope that
does not have any effect or your graduation.