incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Two other issues to discuss for Subversion
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 03:41:16 GMT

On Nov 10, 2009, at 7:17 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 21:09, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 10, 2009, at 11:27 AM, Greg Stein wrote:
>>
>>> There are two other issues to discuss for the Subversion podling:

>>> * placing the source code at /subversion/ rather than /incubator/subversion/
>>>
>>> We are hoping to minimize overall disruption to the community with a
>>> move to incubator space, then a move to apache space.
>>>

>> I am fine with doing everything as if this was a TLP with the two exceptions that
1) the main page should say it is still in incubation 2) it is still under the umbrella of
the IPMC until graduation.

> "the main page" ... are you referring to http://subversion.tigris.org/
> ? Regardless, yeah.. that thing should be updated to reflect the
> project's new status. If a different page, then please let me know,
> and I'll make it happen.

No. http://subversion.apache.org. I saw the comment about keeping the main page at subversion.tigris.org
but i see no reason it shouldn't move to apache during incubation. The tigris page can stay
up as long as they want but should eventually redirect to Apache.