incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:48:19 GMT
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not expect Subversion to make a release while in Incubation. Our
> next big release is 1.7, and is expected in (hopefully?) Q1 next year.
> There is a chance that we'd like to release 1.6.7 while we're
> incubating. That can be a bridge to cross later.

While I have great confidence in the ability of the subversion team to
build quality and legally sound releases, I do think that doing one
release inside the incubator would be prudent. If only to ensure due
process. In my opinion getting a release vetted by the IPMC is one of
the hardest things to accomplish and diversity aside the most
important aspect of a successful incubation.

Martijn