incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate migration strategy Was: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] OpenMeetings
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:40:30 GMT
2009/11/19 Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:
> 3. Does OpenJPA suggested by Niclas offer any benefits compared to JPA?
> Synergy is good, but there may be other benefits I cannot see. Sorry for my
> ignorance.

OpenJPA == JPA in that JPA is a specification and OpenJPA is an
implementation of that spec. I don't think I've actually used OpenJPA.
I did use JPA with Hibernate's implementation on one project.
Essentially, if the project chose JPA as the persistence mechanism it
would get rid of Hibernate as a requirement.

Greg