incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul Fremantle <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove me from commiters
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:16:38 GMT
My apologies. I misunderstood Jason's note. And I certainly wasn't
trying to criticize you..... only trying to put myself in the place of
someone having an argument with IBM and having two IBM employees as
mentors on the project. The mentors could be fantastic and independent
as indeed you are, but it still might be an issue. However, I can see
that in this case it wasn't an issue.

Best, as ever
Paul

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Please don't jump the gun - "Do you feel that the project needs
> further independent mentors?" There is no communication from Jason to
> the ppmc mailing list or the private@incubator mailing list and i
> certainly haven't received any personal email.
>
> Yes, If anyone wants to help us with mentoring, Very welcome. Just not
> like this.
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jason
>>
>> It is very worrying that you got threatening emails from anyone
>> involved in the project. Have you brought this up with the mentors? Do
>> you feel that the project needs further independent mentors?
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:
>>> Sorry folks, after my massive falling out with IBM.... I'm unable to help out
with any more wink development.  I wish things had turned out differently, mostly on the
heads of IBM... no chance I will *ever* work with them again.

>>> I wish you all the best, but I am afraid I can not continue working on this project.
>>>
>>> Sorry it has taken so long, got some threatening emails from IBM on the subject,
so I kept quiet.  But I feel its not fair, so i wanted to officially resign.  I hope that
does not have any effect or your graduation.

>>> Sorry,
>>>
>>> --jason
>>>

>> --
>> Paul Fremantle