incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Hyrum K. Wright" <hyrum_wri...@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject Re: Insanity. Apache Incubator should be about education
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 03:13:13 GMT

On Nov 12, 2009, at 9:05 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Plan: raise an issue, and we fix it.
>>
>> Not sure what else you're looking for.
>
> I was just pointing out that if you want to do the release review
> based on an existing 1.6.x release, I wouldn't expect it to be fully
> compliant with Apache policies (license headers, etc.) and would
> accept a plan on how those issues will be (or already are being)
> resolved in the first Apache release of Subversion (1.7.0?). To me
> that would satisfy the release-related exit criteria we have.

FWIW, the Subversion nightly server is back online:
http://orac.ece.utexas.edu/pub/svn/nightly/

The cron job used to generate those tarballs uses the exact same rolling scripts we use to
generate standard releases, so those tarballs could be used to test whatever non-process-related
qualifications for release people want to see.

-Hyrum