incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject [last call] setting up Subversion mailing lists (was: Two other issues to discuss for Subversion)
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 00:59:55 GMT
Joe Schaefer asked if he could set up the mailing lists this weekend.
The discussion seemed to end, with no particular opposition, so I
filed an Infrastructure ticket to track the creation of the mailing
lists:

At this time, we're setting up just five mailing lists: dev, users,
commits, announce, and private. All lists will be hosted on
@subversion.apache.org.

The Subversion community is still discussing the migration strategy to
these lists. Various options[1] around auto-replies, subscribing one
list to another, etc etc. We're also discussing the migration of the
archives, which will happen at a later time. In discussions with
Infra, we've determined that we can begin using the new lists
immediately (and we will), and then we'll mesh the list archives
together later.

You can watch the Infra ticket, and I will also follow up to this list
after the creation is complete so that you can subscribe.

Cheers,
-g

[1] but "shifting subscribers w/o consent" is not among them :-)