incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two other issues to discuss for Subversion
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 03:17:37 GMT
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 21:09, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2009, at 11:27 AM, Greg Stein wrote:
>
>> There are two other issues to discuss for the Subversion podling:

>> * placing the source code at /subversion/ rather than /incubator/subversion/
>>
>> We are hoping to minimize overall disruption to the community with a
>> move to incubator space, then a move to apache space.
>>

> I am fine with doing everything as if this was a TLP with the two exceptions that 1)
the main page should say it is still in incubation 2) it is still under the umbrella of the
IPMC until graduation.

"the main page" ... are you referring to http://subversion.tigris.org/
? Regardless, yeah.. that thing should be updated to reflect the
project's new status. If a different page, then please let me know,
and I'll make it happen.

Regarding oversight: absolutely. No matter where the assets may
reside, the IPMC is responsible for them.

And regarding my previous aside: I do think that, in the future, we
(the IPMC) may want to go ahead and place projects in their intended
location to start with, to avoid that graduation-move. Something for a
separate discussion.

Cheers,
-g