incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two other issues to discuss for Subversion
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:43:24 GMT
LOL

Well... the problem is that an "svn mv" from /incubator/subversion/ to
/subversion/ introduces an artificial breakage in the history. It is
actually quite disruptive for tracking history (which is very
important to us).

(and yes, because of that history issue, I personally have no problem
putting podlings at the top-level in our repository; it *is* version
control, and we can always remove failed podlings' code from anywhere)

Cheers,
-g