incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 18:47:51 GMT
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 19:13, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
>> > By the way, it would probably be good to list your initial
>> > committers in the proposal, as we suggest for other proponents.
>> > That adds it to these mail list archives.
>>
>> The proposal included the list by reference
>> (http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/COMMITTERS). Do you think it
>> best to be explicit, and list them in this thread?
>
> In general i do think it best to be explicit. We ask others to.
> Because you refer to a file in yesterday's SVN with
> explicit line numbers, then i am happier.

Yeah, but with 70 committers, I felt the brevity was more helpful than
the detail.

I'll also note that these people will be offered commit access
*provided* they file a CLA with the ASF. A standing invite, iow. Per
Daniel Shahaf's message the other day, it looks like about 30 people
are active and will need to get CLAs on file (many of them already
do).

Cheers,
-g