incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 15:34:48 GMT
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 03:40, Bernd Fondermann
<bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 08:04, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>> Bernd Fondermann wrote on Thu, 5 Nov 2009 at 07:29 +0100:
>>> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 21:12, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> <snip />

>>> That means, around 100 people coming in as committers, right?
>>> Or only those "active full" committers, which are still around 40 or 50?
>>>

>> Around 100 people have commit rights.  In the last 1000 revisions of our
>> repository, only 29 of them (18 full and 11 partial) used those rights.
>>
>> HTH,
>
> So, which of them will help with Incubation and become initial committers?
> One could argue that it would be inefficient to create accounts for
> 70++ people never to be used.
> The move to the Incubator could be a chance to straighten the committer roster.

Accounts are created *only* when a person files a CLA with the ASF. We
expect that only current/active committers will do that. The inactive
committers will retain a standing invitation, but they cannot have an
account unless/until filing a CLA (per standard rules).

Thus, we'll construct the PPMC from those "full committers" who have
an ASF CLA on file. There are probably a dozen who already have that
(given that about 7 are already ASF Members). Daniel Shahaf has
already sent his signed CLA to the ASF Secretary, so we'll soon be
asking for ana account for him.

Cheers,
-g