incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Insanity. Apache Incubator should be about education (was: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion)
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:56:53 GMT
On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> OTOH, podlings that don't have 3 active mentors can't get 3 binding
> votes internally, so IPMC members have to jump in sometimes. Thanks to
> those of us who do!

I view the proposal accepting the projects with the listed mentors as
delegating the oversight to the mentors.  So, I don't know if it
should be required that you must get three IPMC members to vote on
every little thing a podling does.  I think it tends to let projects
think that people who don't contribute anything deserve merit and have
rights to tell them what to do.  I'm not sure that sets an appropriate
precedent.

Let me put it another way: if the IPMC accepts a proposal with one
mentor, then I'm fine with that one mentor acting on behalf of the
IPMC without the need to constantly go back to the IPMC for approval.
-- justin