incubator-general mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Request for Waiver of "Make a Release" requirement for Incubator graduation
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:51:44 GMT
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello IPMC,
>
> The Subversion podling would like a waiver of the requirement to make
> a release before graduation.
>
> As we understand this requirement, it is present in order to
> demonstrate to the podling how releases are made at the ASF.
> Packaging, licensing, signing, placement into the distrubtion/mirror
> system, announcements, among others[1]. We believe that the Subversion
> community already has a deep understanding of the Apache release
> model, based on the following qualifications of several of its
> committers/mentors:

Should we hold this vote to actually graduation time ? Would it be
better to spend some of these debating energy to actually setup the
Subversion podling into the Apache infrastructure, as currently I see
no mailing lists, svn code import, etc... create the proper Apache
user accounts for the several new committers, etc and maybe still give
a chance to add new contributors... before worrying about this...

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende