incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: How to shorten the duration of incubation (Was: Insanity...)
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:02:43 GMT

On Nov 10, 2009, at 10:08 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>>
>> 1) Relax the exit criteria: Especially the diversity requirement is a
>> major barrier for many projects. There have been various calls to
>> relax the diversity requirements, but so far I see no consensus on
>> that.
>
> Diversity requirement is actually a derived requirement of "community
> sustainability" to avoid a sponsoring entity to pull the plug of paid
> developers.

I agree that diversity is a derivative requirement however, I think
that there should be a list of all the committers and their company
affiliation, if they are being paid to work on the project, for every
project web site.  I know that it's being done with varying degrees.
But if we're going explicitly downplay diversity requirements for some
projects then I think we need to be diligent on being upfront on the
community makeup.

Regards,
Alan