incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Insanity. Apache Incubator should be about education (was: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion)
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:25:40 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, some documentation needs to be brought in sync.
>
> See: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#checklist

I'm nitpicking, but even there we only ask the podlings to
"demonstrate ability to create Apache releases".

> Per Joe, I think it makes sense to run podlings through a release to
> teach them the ropes, rather than lump that onto Infrastructure. But I
> also believe we should provide waivers when appropriate.

Fair enough.

As an alternative, how about submitting
http://subversion.tigris.org/downloads/subversion-1.6.6.tar.bz2 for
IPMC review? That should require no extra work from and no special
waivers for Subversion.

BR,

Jukka Zitting