incubator-general mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Clerezza
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:13:46 GMT
Nicholas L Gallardo said the following on 11/20/2009 02:32 PM:

> This looks interesting. To the comment here:
>
> "An alignment to the JAX-RS implementation in Apache CXF could not
> only help removing the dependencies to the CDDL-licensed code taken
> from Jersey but also help providing a fully framework independent
> implementation with a larger group of developers and thus higher quality."
>
> Assuming you're relying on just the base JAX-RS support, I'd like to
> see the JAX-RS engine be pluggable so that it could support both CXF
> and Wink.

One thing that could be easily shared across implementations are the
default providers. Having a pluggable JAX-RS implementation providing
base JAX-RS support would of course be better. Our implementations is
not directly based on the servlet api, but uses wrhapi
(http://wrhapi.wymiwyg.org/) this is to have a more minimal api for http
requests and thus make it easier to implement filters (currently we have
a Filter for authentication).

> Either way, nice work. I've been curious to see how Semantic Web
> constructs could be manifested in JAX-RS applications.

On one hand the possibility to bind a root-resource to an RDF-type, two
examples:
-
http://scm.trialox.org/main/org.clerezza.app.conceptmanager/file/49e9ccc35277/org.clerezza.app.conceptmanager.core/src/main/java/org/clerezza/app/conceptmanager/core/ConceptTypeHandler.java#l1
-
http://scm.trialox.org/main/org.clerezza.platform.content/file/e985ea0e81b3/src/main/java/org/clerezza/platform/content/DiscobitsTypeHandler.java#l1

The other part is having Root resource methods returning GraphNodes
(i.e. a resource in a graph), the server will then return the context
(aka minimul self contained graph) of the node for clients requesting an
RDF format (e.g. rdf/json) while rendering the resource using a template
(typically a ScalaServerPage) for other output formats.

An example of a ScalaServerPage producing XHTML:
http://scm.trialox.org/main/org.clerezza.platform.accountcontrolpanel/file/b4d412a91998/src/main/resources/org/clerezza/platform/accountcontrolpanel/control-panel.xhtml#l1

The corresponding JAX-RS methods returning GraphNodes are in:
http://scm.trialox.org/main/org.clerezza.platform.accountcontrolpanel/file/b4d412a91998/src/main/java/org/clerezza/platform/accountcontrolpanel/AccountControlPanel.java#l1

Cheers,
reto

> -Nick
>

> Inactive hide details for Reto Bachmann-Gmür ---11/20/2009 06:20:07
> AM---Hello all,Reto Bachmann-Gmür ---11/20/2009 06:20:07 AM---Hello all,
>
>                         *Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto.bachmann@trialox.org>*
>
>                         11/20/2009 06:19 AM
>                         Please respond to
>                         general@incubator.apache.org

> general@incubator.apache.org
>
> cc
>

> Subject
>
> [PROPOSAL] Apache Clerezza
>

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to formally present the incubator proposal for Clerrezza,
> an OSGi-based modular application and set of components (bundles) for
> building RESTful Semantic Web applications and services.
>
> The full proposal can be found on the wiki at:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ClerezzaProposal
>
> I'm looking forward to questions and feedback.
>
> Cheers,
> Reto
>
> --
> Reto Bachmann-Gmür