incubator-general mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hibernate migration strategy Was: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] OpenMeetings
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:13:42 GMT
Jay points out an important design feature, in that if you write to the
JPA 1.0 or 2.0 spec API and don't use any provider specific extensions
or behaviors, then you can easily allow your users to choose a different
provider (based on performance, familiarity, ...) or depend upon the one
provided in a Java EE app server.

As a OpenJPA committer, I'm partial to it :-)

The first migration question would be, what version of Hibernate are you
using now, as moving from v3 to OpenJPA would be pretty straightforward.
BTW - anyone trying to migrate from Hibernate to OpenJPA would receive
lots of help on our user list...

-Donald