incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Review-Then-Commit
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:41:20 GMT
Ian Boston schrieb:

> not least because committed mistakes demand fixing by the committer
> and then anyone who can fix the bug. The only downside is that
> occasionally trunk wont build/run and if trunk is close to production
> that probably matters.

I think another downside is, that (maybe depending on the community) in
reality a proper review often doesn't happen in the case
of CTR and in the case of performance/scalability this can be very bad,
because the actual problems are often detected
at a very late stage and then it can be very hard to solve these issues,
because the code has already advanced too far.

I see the postive sides of CTR re community and progress,  but I think
it requires some additional rules, guidelines
in order to make it work.

Cheers

Michael