incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <>
Subject Re: Insanity. Apache Incubator should be about education (was: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion)
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:41:07 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> [...]

They also needed to be alert for licensing snafus, that was why I support[ed]
the 'requirement'.

> The purpose of doing a release within the incubator has now morphed into
> something a bit different, and not entirely for the better.  I have been
> paying attention to subversion release processes for years, and frankly we
> should be adopting *their* methods here at Apache.  We don't have anything
> to teach them other than mirror mechanics, and that can be learned post-
> graduation.

Agreed in this case, w.r.t. SVN.  But in the general case, this is still best
taught while at the incubator.

I'm responding to Greg's rant, not to a well-stated, well-reasoned appeal for
an exception.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message