incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Insanity. Apache Incubator should be about education (was: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion)
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:54:43 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:

>> From: Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com>
>>
>> Let me put it another way: if the IPMC accepts a proposal with one
>> mentor, then I'm fine with that one mentor acting on behalf of the
>> IPMC without the need to constantly go back to the IPMC for approval.
>> -- justin
>
> For non-release issues, I'm fine with that.  For releases I would still insist
> on 3 +1's from IPMC members; if a podling can acquire those without coming
> to general@incubator for final approval I could live with that (I'd need to
> update the IPMC release guidelines tho).

I'm not [fine with that].  If another person or two can't be bothered to verify
the very few decisions-with-binding-votes (adding/subtracting people and of
course, releasing code) against the PPMC's decision and rational, then there is
a bigger problem that won't be addressed by just sweeping these votes out the
front door.