incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Side Discussion; Mentorship [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:23:29 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> Sponsors
>  * Champion: Greg Stein

Cool

>  * Nominated Mentors: Justin Erenkrantz, Greg Stein, Sander Striker, Daniel Rall

Once again, caution against committers == mentors (== 'project leads').
It puts certain committers above others, an inequitable situation.

If the PPMC is 100% in support of 'respecting' this list of mentors with
respect to adapting to life-in-the-ASF, then fine.  But it's a situation
that always concerns me.  The incubator PMC could easily find mentors who
are supportive of this proposal, but not in dev/leadership roles within
the SVN community.

>  * Sponsor:

I am certain the APR project would entertain a vote to sponsor this podling
through graduation, if that is useful.