incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2009 01:19:23 GMT

On Nov 6, 2009, at 4:07 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

> [Sorry for brevity; phone]
>
> We're not ready for an alpha, but we could do an "internal"
> experimental
> release. I seem to recall seeing that in the docs.

+1

As I thought I said earlier, *any* release that has proper Apache
packaging, licensing, and notices is fine with me. We've had this
discussion in the incubator before, for similar reasons, and I think
there is consensus that a formal review of a podling release is a
reasonable gate for graduation. No one needs to believe that the
release is stable, tested, reliable, etc.; it just needs to be reviewed.

Craig