incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven releases at Apache (what does this have to do with: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Subversion)
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:29:02 GMT
For unrelated reasons, I today split out the Apache-ness part of the Maven release process
(still syncing):
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/apache-release.html

It could still use more work, but that's all I have time for right now if someone wants to
patch it (eg, to explain the parent POM reference needed), or move it to /dev, or whatever.
That means there's a document that can be up to date for anyone wanting to do a Maven based
release at Apache at a given time.

To track common infrastructure, new plugins, and so on, I suggest subscribing to announce@maven.apache.org.
For example, we've just had:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-announce/200911.mbox/%3c4AFC90A0.7020105@apache.org%3e
(we don't seem to be announcing parent POMs there, so that should change in the future).

I believe that's enough to track what is needed, and much more appropriate than trying to
follow it on board@, pmcs@, committers@, or general@incubator which are not the right forums.

Does that work for those concerned about it?

We could entertain creating another list @maven, or post notices to infrastructure@, but I
don't see the added value...

Cheers,
Brett