incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matthieu Riou <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WS Human Tasks implementation
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 05:56:58 GMT
On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Rafal Rusin <rafal.rusin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there a chance of developing such project at Apache?
> Details ale below.

Cool :)

> (
> http://top.touk.pl/confluence/display/top/WSHT+-+WS+Human+Tasks+Implementation
> ).
> In current version, there is implemented about 20% of spec, which
> includes task creation, assigning, retrieval. Persistence is
> implemented. Currently, there are no task escalations and
> notifications.
>
> We would like to donate it to Apache and continue development here.
>
> I saw some discussion before, which pointed that this kind of project
> would be desired at Apache
> (http://markmail.org/thread/es3h3yprjrttxhlu).
> There was also Agila project in Apache Incubator, which was meant to
> implement Human Workflow solution, but it's abandoned (IMO because of
> too broad scope - it included BPEL engine implmentation and web
> console for management, details are here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/agila/trunk).
>
> So we would like to shorten this scope and implement only services for
> WS Human Tasks spec. This would consist of 2 distributions (war and
> jbi) which would expose web services for tasks management. I saw there
> was some interest on ServiceMix mailing list too, so I think jbi
> distribution would be desired
> (http://markmail.org/thread/svyxd6xrm2tbwnsz).
>
> From our side following people are willing to develop this project:
> - Jakub Kurlenda <jkr@touk.pl>
> - Mateusz Lipczyński <mlp@touk.pl>
> - Michał Zalewski <mzl@touk.pl>
> - Rafał Rusin <rr@apache.org>
> - Ula Trzaskowska <utr@touk.pl>
> - Warren Crossing <wcr@touk.pl>
> - Witek Wołejszo <ww@touk.pl>
>
> Is there anyone here willing to champion such project?

I am and ODE would probably be a good sponsor PMC. Diversity will probably
be an issue for the podling but it's not something that has to be solved to
enter incubation, just be aware of it. Have you started working on a
proposal (see [1])? I can help in doing a first review if you want.

Cheers,
Matthieu

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html