incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache OpenMeetings incubator for Web Conferencing
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 02:54:38 GMT
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:10 AM, Sebastian Wagner <> wrote:

> Is a LGPL Library a general Issue? For running the application we also use
> hibernate.
> Spring, Apache Batik and Apache Mina are also used, but these are all
> already Apache Licenses projects. Hibernate is LGPL. Is this a conflict?

For "hard dependencies" then LGPL is an issue. If you ship optional
features which relies on LGPL components, then that is generally Ok.

Some questions on this are already answered; , but if in doubt contact for clarifications prior to shipping
non-Apache licensed material.

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer - New Energy for Java

I  live here;
I  work here;
I relax here;

To unsubscribe, e-mail: