incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache OpenMeetings incubator for Web Conferencing
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:38:20 GMT
Openmeetings looks very interesting. I notice Red5, and see Paul
Querna asked a question. I have 2 questions for my own education more
than anything,

What's the status of OpenLazlo wrt Apache Projects? I see it has a
long list of dependencies with all sorts of licenses [1] but have no
idea if there is a runtime or distribution binding that matters ?

I hate to bring this up , but I have to ask (sorry)
Also, are there any problems between Red5 and Adobe in terms of
patents on the Flash Media Server protocols. IIRC Adobe have some
patents in this area but I have no idea if they are relevant and
enforceable or would want to enforce them against an open source
project?

Ian

1 http://www.openlaszlo.org/lps4.2/docs/developers/licenses.html