incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Aries incubator for Enterprise OSGi
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 04:48:27 GMT

On Sep 3, 2009, at 1:23 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Kevan,
>
> Was a contact with Felix made prior to dropping the proposal here? I
> got the
> impression that wasn't the case, which I find surprising... If I am
> wrong,
> what was the meat of such?

No. There were some internal sensitivities to the timing of the
proposal (given the code donation and other rigamarole). Contacting
the Felix PMC prior to proposal submission would have required
additional approval... Perhaps could have been handled differently.
However, in the end, I much prefer holding a public discussion rather
than over a private@ list.

> I'm also less happy with the rhetoric here repeated over and over,
> seemingly
> uninterested in discussion of reaching a solution everyone can
> accept. (From
> both camps, btw)

That's totally valid criticism, IMO, and I've had the same reaction...
Hoping we can move the conversation forward...

--kevan