incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release OpenWebBeans M3 (RC-2)
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:07:20 GMT

On Sep 29, 2009, at 11:38 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu wrote:

> This is why I complained about a podling release procedure.
> We started a voting process to release M3 at September 1 and are
> still not able to release. This maybe related with not enough IPMC
> members in our community list to get their binding votes.

I understand your desire to release M3. The review process has
discovered several problems in the M3 release. So, that's a good
thing. "Problems" are also part of the reason that the release has
taken so long. Looking back, I see that some of the votes have taken a
bit of time. I am also at least partly responsible, being a bit slow
on voting in the initial podling vote.

I have a few suggestions that might be useful:

1. If a vote has been silent for a few days, post a gentle reminder to
the community. I see you've been doing this, but don't wait 5 days. If
after 2 or 3 days of a vote being open, I don't mind being reminded...