incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [aries] Moved geronimo blueprint implementation into aries podling
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 19:12:54 GMT

On Sep 28, 2009, at 12:01 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> 2009/9/28 Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com>:

>>> Personally, I'd much prefer to see some community setup, prior to
>>> these types of discussions and code changes -- mailing lists,
>>> committer account setup, etc. The fact that we're forced to
>>> discuss this on general@ is, IMO, not very good.
>>
>> Agreed.  Plus a quick 30 minute email discussion does not
>> constitute community consensus.  While this does not require that
>> everything move lock step through community discussions, do not get
>> upset if a discussion moves in a different direction after you have
>> made impromptu changes.
>
> That's the whole purpose of RTC, isn't it ?

Yep.  I think I pointed that out, albeit obliquely, above.  But, since
you point this out I'll add a finer point to RTC.  The gist of RTC is
that as people's work gets more narrowly focused, running every minute
detail by the community makes the work impossible.  Hence RTC.

We are no where near there at this point.  We're at the point where
newcomers can grok what's going on in the project.  It's a perfect
time to collect opinions and to build community.

Regards,
Alan