incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Aries incubator for Enterprise OSGi
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 05:03:30 GMT
Hello Kevan,

On Sep 4, 2009, at 6:48 , Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2009, at 1:23 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>> Was a contact with Felix made prior to dropping the proposal here?
>> I got the
>> impression that wasn't the case, which I find surprising... If I am
>> wrong,
>> what was the meat of such?
> No. There were some internal sensitivities to the timing of the
> proposal (given the code donation and other rigamarole). Contacting
> the Felix PMC prior to proposal submission would have required
> additional approval... Perhaps could have been handled differently.
> However, in the end, I much prefer holding a public discussion
> rather than over a private@ list.

I agree with you that a private@ list discussion would not have been
the best way, but I don't see why that discussion could not have
happened on the dev@ list. Anyway, it's in the past now, we should
look forward and look for ways help each other.

Greetings, Marcel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message