incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About Podling Releases
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:17:58 GMT
hey Gurkan,

don't worry that much about the user-base. It will grow.
You guys are implementing a pretty new JSR. Once that is used more and
more in the industry,
the users will come to your project.

-Matthias

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu<gurkanerdogdu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Bertrand;
>
>>>What's preventing OpenWebBeans from graduating?
>>>That's the best way of streamlining your release process.
> Actually this is ongoing discussion in the openwebbeans dev list. There are two solutions
here, sub-project under Geronimo or TLP. But community are voted on being a TLP. The problem
is that we have not a solid user base (not so much activity around user@.. list). Otherwise,
I think that we achieved activitites that are expected from podlings to graduate as a TLP.

> I mean actual podling releases, not SVN tags. For example, we released M1 and M2. Now
M3 is under VOTE.

> --Gurkan

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf