incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Aries proposal for incubation
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:07:56 GMT

On Sep 15, 2009, at 11:54 AM, Jeremy Hughes wrote:

> The Aries proposal thread has now gone quiet and we would like to call
> a vote to accept Aries into the Incubator. There has been some good
> discussion with a few changes to the proposal including the addition
> of initial committers, increasing the diversity of committers from the
> start. The proposal is included below and is also at:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AriesProposal
>
> Please cast your votes:
>
> [ ] +1 Accept Aries for incubation
> [ ] +0 Indifferent to Aries incubation
> [ ] -1 Reject Aries for incubation (please help us understand why)

After much thought, I am voting -1 for 1 main reason.

1: From the get-go, this appears headed towards an umbrella project.
    Too many ways to justify "yeah, this belongs here" and far too
    few ways to justify "nope, this doesn't quite fit in". So
    whether TLP or part of Felix (as was the discussion), this appears
    too comprehensive.