incubator-general mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Aries incubator for Enterprise OSGi
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 20:57:47 GMT
Let me clarify why i asked that question, When we started the Wink Podling there was strong
recommendation that the
incoming folks should work under CXF which already has a JAX-RS implementation. Once we did
start the podling we have
had guidance from just Dan Kulp from CXF and not from anyone else :(

thanks,
dims

On 09/04/2009 04:49 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I see your viewpoint better now. Thanks.
>
> One more question, Will there be a problem of folks on dev@felix not
> being able or willing to participate in a new podling? (If the folks
> presenting this proposal do wish to start off as a podling)
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 09/04/2009 04:31 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> On 9/4/09 16:10, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>> Richard,

>>> Will the people mentioned not participate if Aries is a separate
>>> podling to start with? After all destination PMC can be determined
>>> during graduation process. Also the incubation process is to show new
>>> incoming team how Apache works etc..is that better done as a podling
>>> or as a felix sub project? If we continue the same thought process,
>>> will there every be any incubator podling with for any OSGi related
>>> activity?
>>
>> Yes, and I mentioned this, but that seems to get lost somehow.

>>> Choices are
>>>
>>> 1) Podling -> TLP
>>> 2) Podling -> Felix Sub project
>>> 3) Podling -> Felix Sub project -> TLP
>>> 4) Felix Sub project