incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Aries incubator for Enterprise OSGi
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 17:33:04 GMT
There was no attempt to contact the Felix PMC in general that I am aware
and I certainly didn't know about it in advance.

And there seems to be a continued attempt to construe my original
criticisms as "all of Aries should go into Felix".

I, personally, do not believe that all of Aries should go into Felix, I
too think it should have its own identity. I was always only ever
referring to the independent OSGi spec implementations. I was arguing
that Felix is a good place to work on them, since it is part of what it
is trying to achieve.

Further, I don't really understand the implication that somehow the
burden is now on the Felix community to go and contribute to Aries on
OSGi spec implementations just because of this proposal, when there was
no attempt to work with the Felix community on creating OSGi spec
implementations in the first.

The only conclusions I see being drawn by people who have invested very
little in Felix is that we should dismantle the Felix charter so that we
can accommodate the fact that some people don't want to play with us.

At that rate, I stand by my previous "vote" and otherwise people can do
whatever they want in Aries.

-> richard