incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Aries incubator for Enterprise OSGi
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 17:51:41 GMT
As I said on dev@felix and will repeat here:

----

I don't agree about renaming the [Felix] TLP. There are so many examples
of similar situations. I cannot believe we are truly in a unique
situation here:

    * "Apache" typically means the HTTP Server project, but it also
      refers to the foundation and all of its independent projects.
    * "Eclipse" typically means the IDE, but there is also a runtime and
      foundation with independent projects.

Acting like this isn't normal or something that is too confusing to ever
resolve seems a bit preposterous.

----

While I don't believe the situation is as confusing as is contended, I
have no issue with coming up with a different name for the Apache Felix
Framework (its name is technically Framework right now), so that the
Apache Felix project can continue to pursue its original charter.

-> richard