incubator-general mailing list archives

From Francis De Brabandere <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Empire-db version 2.0.5-incubating (take 2)
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 16:22:27 GMT
> Also, just noticed that there is another version of the tutorial in
> Word format (tutorial.doc).
> This is stored in SVN alongside tutorial.pdf, but for some reason in
> the archive the doc file is stored in one of the subdirectories, viz:
> src/empire-db-examples. Not sure why one would need the proprietary
> Word fomat document - surely anyone that can read Word can also read
> PDF format files? - but if it is needed, seems to me it should be
> alongside the PDF version of the file.
> Not blockers, but should be fixed for a future release.

The problem is that you can not edit pdf files, so that doc is the
source for the pdf. I don't see why we should add that to the
distribution. We can always convert it to openoffice file format or
something else if that helps.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message