incubator-general mailing list archives

From Francis De Brabandere <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Empire-db version 2.0.5-incubating (take 2)
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 15:32:18 GMT
[inline reply]

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 5:14 PM, sebb<> wrote:

> The new release candidate uses exactly the same name for the artifacts
> and the SVN tag.
> This makes it very difficult to determine later what was actually voted on.

Hmm, I don't see how this can be changed when using nexus, the Idea
there is to 'stage' a release and avoid it to be sent to the main
maven repo if it is not 100% correct. So for a 2.0.5 to get in there
we need to release as 2.0.5. And if this release fails I see no other
way than to start over using the same tags (renaming failed tag)
I could rename the tags to rc-1, rc-2 but that would not correspond to
the versions used in the pom's.

How do you suggest we do this?

> The NOTICE files in the jar files are not quite right; there is a
> spurious blank line (not a blocker) at the start (probably a bug in
> the Maven plugin) and the Project name is incomplete: it should be
> "Apache Empire-db ..." not "Empire-db ...".

I'll fix this, I might have a clue on where that blank line comes from.

>>  Svn tag:
> Lots of missing SVN properties (not a blocker)
> See

Hmm, never used those props. Do we really need those? I'd like to see
this automated as we will probably forget about those in the future.

> The SVN tag contains an "old" directory tree; if this is obsolete, it
> should be removed from trunk and the next tag.

That folder contains some old pre-maven build stuff that I should
still have a look at before deleting it.
Do we really need to copy that over to our distribution file?

Thanks for the review,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message