incubator-general mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.3 RC3
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:16:15 GMT
Thanks Jukka!  Can someone else please have a look? -- we're still one vote
shy.

-T

> * You seem to have put the Apache license headers even on files that
> the LICENSE file claims to be under different licenses. See
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party for instructions
> on how to properly handle third party code. I don't consider this a
> blocker for this release since you seem to have the original license
> info in the LICENSE file, but it would be good to have the original
> license headers restored for the next release.

The easing equations are 98% the same as Robert Penner's original easing
equations, so this definitely applies - thanks for catching this.  For the
drop shadow decorator, about half the code in that class was developed at
ASF (the other half ported from the filthy rich clients example), so this
would seem to fall under the #5 clause.  What's the recommended best
practice in these cases?

> * The file paths in LICENSE are outdated.

I just checked and can't find the ones that are outdated - which paths were
you referring to?