incubator-general mailing list archives

From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release cassandra 0.4.0 (final)
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:26:56 GMT

The Cassandra community voted on and approved the release of Apache
Cassandra 0.4.0. We would now like to request the approval of the
Incubator PMC for this release.

Cassandra is a massively scalable, eventually consistent, distributed,
structured key-value store.

Podling vote thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cassandra-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg00908.html
0.4.0 artifacts: http://people.apache.org/~eevans
SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cassandra/tags/cassandra-0.4.0-final
Project home: http://incubator.apache.org/cassandra/
Incubation status: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cassandra.html

The differences between this and the recently approved RC2 are minor; it
contains one bug fix (CASSANDRA-440), and a few documentation updates.
If approved, this will be our new stable release, the default for new
users, and one demonstrating significant progress over the current
stable (0.3.0).

We've already received 2 binding +1s during the poddling release
vote[0][1], so we need at least one more (and no dissents obviously).

The vote will remain open for 72 hours (or longer if needed).

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

[0]
http://www.mail-archive.com/cassandra-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg00917.html