incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Aries proposal for incubation
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:56:57 GMT

On Sep 22, 2009, at 12:09 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 2:36 AM, Jeremy Hughes <>
> wrote:
>>> If it IS a goal to become a large component registry for "anything
>>> OSGI enterprisey" then my -1 vote will stand.
>> Really it isn't. I mentioned earlier in this thread that Aries will
>> seek to use components from other projects where they exist.
> I rest my case. Your argument is that the text is sufficient, I mean
> it is not (too inclusive).
> Let's adjourn this for the graduation. I am urging that the community
> along the way think long and hard on the formulation of project
> mission.

Thanks Niclas. I certainly will be expecting (and prodding) the
community to work at addressing your (and any other IPMC member's)

This vote has been open for a week, now. There's a lot of interest and
support for the project. Concerns about the scope of the project have
been raised. Addressing these concerns should be an important
objective for the community. I think it's time to call this vote.
Jeremy, since you initiated the VOTE, best for you to do the honors...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message