incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does an incubation proposal require a codebase?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 09:01:01 GMT
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Noah Slater<nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I am thinking about making an incubation proposal for a project I've been
> wanting to do for a while now. I have list of initial committers and a technical
> architecture proposal, but no actual code yet....

I would oppose to a podling with no code base and no @apache.org names
in the list of initial committers - the chances of morphing that into
a working Apache project would seem to slim to me.

Now, if your team includes a few people with a good track record in
open source projects, starting without code might work.

I haven't looked up our docs about this, just trying to apply common sense.

-Bertrand