incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing poddling release voting process
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:32:01 GMT
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 3:40 PM, J Aaron Farr<farra@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri 21 Aug 2009 14:58, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What do people think about changing the poddling release voting
>> process so that there is just a single vote which is held on the
>> poddlings dev list instead of the dual voting we have now with a
>> poddling dev list vote followed by an general@ vote?
>
> My only concern is that we have some very great volunteers here on the
> general@ list who check release compliance and I doubt they want to deal
> with the traffic of every podling dev list.

My concern is more that of 'complacent mentors'... How many people
vote +1 even if they have not scrutinized the release requirements?
IMHO, too many... So, would that mean that some podlings will be able
to release crap that doesn't fulfill minimum legal requirements,
whereas other will be flogged to the bone by overzealous mentors?

I have no good suggestion for change...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer